Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hockey Smile

[ (March 3, 2013) (18 days post surgery, 13 days expanding the palate) ]


I saw the oral surgeon on Thursday.  He said everything was looking good.  On Friday, the orthodontist said to do ten more turns and they'll determine if my palate has been expanded enough.  That potentially puts the final turn on Wednesday morning and the turn count would end at 34 turns.

I'm finding it easier to eat things besides foods that are really crunchy like cereal and hard pretzles.  I have a better range of motion with my lips and it doesn't hurt to smile anymore.  All the sutures have pretty much desolved besides a couple where my wisdom teeth were.  Check out my sweet hockey smile!

(2/24) Fifteen turns.


(2/25)  Seventeen turns.


My fake wax tooth!


(2/26)  Nineteen turns.
 
 
 
 (2/27)  Twenty one turns.
 
 
 (2/28)  Twnety three turns.


(3/1)  Twenty five turns.


(3/2)  Twenty seven turns.  (You can see the gums next to my front teeth are sore from stretching.)

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment